Central High School Celebrates Annual Pep Rally

Danielle Phillips '20

November 21 —  Central High School celebrates its pep rally, an entire hour and a half dedicated to showing off Hilltopper talent and school spirit. All of the teachers, staff, and students gathered in the school gymnasium to witness all the performances that students had to offer.

After everyone stood up to pledge to the flag during the National Anthem sung by Central High School junior Celeste Carabra, Mr. Graf started off the pep rally with his enthusiastic welcome and the traditional scream-off competition. The senior class of 2019 went off with a bang, flaunting their Central pride.

The first performance was by Isaac Calderas, who rapped to an original three song track. The performance was well received as the surrounding audience bopped along and filmed the unique performance to show off to their friends. Shortly after, representatives from the Central Ambassadors came up on stage to give a quick speech on the importance of social-emotional learning and their peer mentoring service for lowerclassmen.

Several dance performances shook the school in excitement as the audience witnessed amazing choreography and jammed to popular music. All of the performances displayed a wide range of talent, from the girl dance trio displaying their acrobatic skills to the emotional cover of the hit song, “All Of Me.” The pep rally was truly a captivating event.