Getting to Know Our Teachers: Ms. Murphy

Loanis Cabrera '18, Co-Editor-in-Chief

I have encountered many teachers within my high school career. As I roam through the hallways I pass by many familiar faces. That being said, there are also many teachers who I have not gotten the chance to know as well, teachers such as Ms. Kristina Murphy.

She is new to Central and this happens to be her third year of teaching. In the 5th grade, she was the student of a wonderful and kind teacher who inspired her to pursue the teaching career path that she is now on. She thought about going into law school, but in the end, she decided against it and went into the field of education instead. Ms. Murphy attended Western Connecticut State University and eventually made her way to Southern University for her Masters; she also studied American Studies. I asked her to describe herself as a teacher and she considers herself to be fair.  Outside of school, she loves to hang out with friends and go to the mall. In her free time she enjoys watching football and hockey, her favorite teams being New England Patriots and Chicago Black Hawks respectively.

Ms. Murphy wants to experience the world and enjoys traveling. She simply loves going to different locations, but one of favorite places is Savannah, Georgia. She wishes that she got to spend more time there. She is also quite the animal person and has three dogs at her house. She is appreciative of the friendly and welcoming staff along with the engaging students here at Central and is happy to be here.