Filed under Headlines, National, World

Crisis on Many Nations

On April 7th, the U.S, under orders of President Donald J. Trump, launched 59 Tomahawk missiles in at an airbase that stationed planes responsible for a chemical attack in Syria. Congress had not approved of the missile strike prior to launch. The attack had been carried out against President Bashar al-Assad, who had been leading Russia against Saudi Arabia in a civil war for a few years.

Not only has the attack sparked discourse among nations, the “act of war” has spread towards North Korea, who is threatening America if they continue forward with such attacks. Vice Minister Han Song Ryol comments how they are ready to go to war with the U.S and will continue to test their nuclear weapons whenever their leaders see fit. North Korea has been in conflict with America over the nuclear arms race, so it makes logical sense to see them reacting to the event that unfolded. China themselves have said that should North Korea go to war with the U.S, the damage in the aftermath could be catastrophic and irreparable. However, China has it’s own problems since Australia has invited a war with them due to the high tensions and atmosphere of impending battle.

The overall reaction of the war has increased with the revealed footage of America’s Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb, nicknamed the “Mother of All Bombs”, drone footage after it was dropped in Afghanistan. The bomb’s massive size and weight required the use of a cargo plane instead of a usual carrier plane. The target of the bomb was none other than ISIS, who Trump has stated he would go after earlier in his presidential position.

The “war” that could erupt at any time between any nations will most likely be the World War III that many feared. “WWIII” could be even more deadlier than the previous wars with the advancement of nuclear weaponry. All that can be said is that the fate of the world will rest in the hands of a higher authority than our own.