Filed under Headlines, Sports

Uconn For the Win

Uconn is known for being many things, having a great engineering program, having thousands of students sign up to attempt to attend there and being basically one of the top tier colleges in Connecticut. One more thing that they are also known for having a winning basketball team.

The last time the Uconn men basketball team had a good win was in 2013-2104 season where the won the NCAA championship. They were on top of the NCAA league but then they went downhill from there after that, they were not really able to get back to the top. They have come close to the top when they made it into round 32 of the championships last year in the 2015-2016 season, but they lost it there and have not made it there again. The women’s basketball team noticed this and they decided to step up and do something about this. The women’s basketball team has not lost a game since the loss to Stanford in the fall of 2014, this winning streak includes two NCAA championships.  

The Uconn Huskies have been on a 107-game winning streak as of March 6, 2017. The Uconn women basketball  is not known for much except being for an okay team but ever since they got the lost against the Stanford team the Uconn women have not lost and they have been on the grind. They before this point have not won many championships for Uconn, as a matter of fact the Uconn men’s basketball team has not won a NCAA tournament since 2014. Now the women’s basketball team has now won 2 NCAA tournaments in a row, for the sake of Uconn and their basketball teams, they hope that the women can keep this up and the men have that ability to catch up to the women.