Filed under Culture, Headlines

Music in 2016

A Recap of a Great Year for Music

From pop, r&b, hip hop, and rock , music has taken a huge turn in 2016. Many people say that music is like spoken work because of the way it makes people feel through lyrics and beats. Different artists like Rihanna, Drake, Ariana Grande, Kanye West, J.Cole, and Fifth Harmony,  worked vigorously to produce music that would make 2016 a hot year!

Starting off the year, Rihanna eared her song called “Work” ft Drake. Not long after, her song hit the billboard charts! Rihanna has earned the nominations for many awards for her album “ANTI”. Other than Rihanna, many other female artists created astonishing albums that made 2016 a great year for music. Beyonce’s album “Lemonade”, Fifth Harmony’s album “7/27”, and Ariana Grande’s album “Dangerous Women”, all had different vibes but yet all had hits that spiked the way music was viewed in 2016.

Summer 2016 was filled with hits that were repeatedly played on the radio. Artists like Drake,Shawn Mendes, and DNCE had songs that were played at parties and events all summer long! Justin Bieber also created hits in summer 16, winning awards that advanced his career.

Rap artist like Future whose album was called “Purple Reign” toured around America creating hype throughout the world. Futures song, “Purple Reign” was also the top soundtrack for a while, replacing many old played out songs on the radio. Kanye West and DJ Khaled released albums shortly after Futures albums was released creating huge competition in the rap industry.

Ending off the year, J.Cole dropped his album, “4 yours eyez only” which created tension on social media between older  fans and new fans. Music has had a huge impact on this generation. Whether it’s wanting to live a lifestyle perceived in a song that you’ll do anything to get it, or being annoyed by certain lyrics so much you despise a song. Albums in 2016 definitely faced critic all over the internet but overall many people on social media would say it was a great year for music. Music is definitely not what it was in 2000s but, it definitely continues to evolve over the years.