Filed under BPT, Headlines

Not Feeling the Vibes

Usually, there would be a little thing down by the shores of Seaside Park where people come down for the tunes and fun-?. Y’know, I’m really not into the whole slang of today, I’m way back at the 90’s. Really far out, you know? But there would be an event that would usually be happening every summer for two decades called Gathering of the Vibes, an event that I avoid like the plague. The event is where musicians would come to the festival and perform songs to the audiences for four days as they played with bands or performed solo, as well as acting as a display of talent to new artists who want to show off their skills at music. Of course, it was originally called the Grateful Dead consisting of many singers and bands such as Moe, Allman Brothers Band, and more. However, Jerry Garcia, Grateful Dead’s leader, had died in 1955, in which Grateful Dead fans didn’t see a single festival for a while. It wasn’t until a year that the new bosses Bob Kennedy and Ken Hays, a Grateful Dead fan, decided to rejoin Grateful Dead for a memorial festival for Garcia, until it became a usual thing with a new name: ”Gathering of the Tribe.” But a couple of years later, the name gets changed to “Gathering of the Vibes.” Fans, of course, are upset about the festival taking a break. Pretty ironic considering how going to Gathering of the Vibes is a break for most of us. But to be fair, a lot of people tend to avoid that place due to the presence of transcendents. And by transcendents, I mean hippies. It’s a common reason why most people don’t like attending it. But, I guess you expect to see more people at Seaside this summer.