Filed under BPT, Headlines, Sports

Soccer Team’s Best Record!

The Central Boys’ Soccer team has brought back some school spirit with an improved record from last year and a win against FCIAC defending champs, Fairfield Ludlowe. The team’s record currently stands at 4-7-3 which is an improvement from last year’s 3-13-0 record. This is their best record in a long time.

After starting the season 0-4-0 the HIlltoppers managed to go on a four game win streak and earn some recognition from other teams in the west division. During the streak they beat 8-3-3 Ludlowe and put themselves in a position to at least finish in a respectable place in the season standings.

The team has been led by co captains All FCIAC West senior goalie Andres Palacio and striker Yoel Salvador. Their experience and improved play has helped the Hilltoppers win games by as much as eight goals and lose by no more than three goals. With two games remaining in the season they hope to lead the team to a six win season which would put them right in the middle of the FCIAC west division. As of now the boys have qualified for states’.

The Central seniors hope to close their high school careers with two victories over the struggling St. Joseph and Westhill teams. This would leave next year’s team in a great place to build off of and possibly compete for an FCIAC title.
Senior night is October 26, 2015 at 6:00 p.m at Kennedy Stadium. Come support the resilient Hilltoppers as they plan on closing the season out with a victory and wish farewell to their seniors. You don’t want to miss it!